- What happens before surgery?
- What happens during surgery?
- What happens after surgery?
- How can I help my child receive the most benefit from their cochlear implant?
- What can I expect a cochlear implant to achieve in my child?
- Can a patient hear immediately after the operation?
- Why is it necessary to wait 3 to 6 weeks after the operation before receiving the external transmitter and sound processor?
- What happens during the initial programming session?
- How important is the active cooperation of the patient?
- Is it beneficial if a family member participates in the training program?
- Do patients have more than one implant?
Read our most recent issue of our Soundings Newsletter
in the news
“Blue Skies” Video
April 3, 2015 - “Blue Skies” is the tale of Tom, a building inspector who is diagnosed with significant hearing loss, and the story of how that simple problem affects his work and personal life. He must come to terms with what he stands to lose – not just his hearing, but his most important connection to the past.
Brian Tyler – AHRF Supporter
April 3, 2015 - We are proud to announce that Brian Tyler, award-winning film score composer, actively supports the work of the American Hearing Research Foundation.